Monday, October 17, 2011

Back Blogged!

Okay, okay, I know it has been way too long! I have some great excuses, but I'll try not to bore you with them. We've been super busy the last couple of months! Here is a quick update!

In July we took a family trip to the beach! We stayed in Rockport, but spent most of our beach time in Port Aransas. Owen had a blast playing in the sand, and he thought the seagulls were hilarious! Caden didn't get the memo that babies only take a bite of sand once. I guess he just liked the way it tasted. He loved playing in the "baby hole" I dug for him on the beach. He also really started walking all over the place during the trip.



In August, Sean had to go on a business trip for 9 days. This was the longest time we had been apart since we started dating! He also hadn't been gone for more than one night since we had kids. I was a little nervous about how things would go! My sweet friend Allison and her son Cole kept us busy! We went to the Austin children's museum.

Owen and Cole on the cow in front of the museum

We went to Zilker Park.

Owen and Caden on the firetruck.

We stayed at Allison's sweet Aunt Kathy's house. The boys had so much fun! It was their first sleep over with a friend.

All three boys on the swing at Aunt Kathy's

Later in the month, the boys and I headed to Galveston with Allison, Amy and their little ones. Things got a little crazy at times with 6 kids staying in the same house, but we still had fun. 

We went to Rainforest Cafe,

and the beach, of course.

Back in the "baby hole!"

My sweet boys.

On September 7th my sweet Owen started back to "school." He is really enjoying it, and the structure of the day has been really great for my independent little guy.

Posing with his monkey backpack.

Owen got to go to many fun birthday parties in September! Here he is in the real firetruck at his buddy Landon's birthday party!

On his way to rescue a cat

We also went to the Comal County Fair and Rodeo. On September 23 we took the boys to the rodeo for the first time. Owen LOVED seeing the cowboys getting thrown off their horses, and Caden loved to join in when the crowd cheered. Owen also rode a pony for the first time! He named his pony Jack. He didn't look super excited while on the pony, but he is still talking about it! I guess we have a little horse lover on our hands. We went back to the fair on the 25th to pet the baby goats and chicks. Owen got his face painted. We had to talk him out of the butterfly or flower that he wanted, and we finally settled on a very masculine looking sun. He also rode a few fun fair rides. His favorite was The Wiggly Worm, but he called it a train because it ran on tracks. Oh, and Owen rode "Jack" again.  I would show evidence of all the fun we had, but all my pics are still on my phone, doh!

This past Saturday Sean and I took the boys to the Gruene UMC pumpkin patch to pick out a couple of little pumpkins. Caden loved stomping on the pallets, and trying to pick up the pumpkins that were as big as he is. Owen found a little pumpkin he liked pretty quickly. He didn't really want to be in any pictures, but I snagged a couple anyways. The sun was a bit bright (the boys were squinting a lot) so we will probably go to a different pumpkin patch for more pics and a hayride soon.





Woohoo! I am caught up! We O'Connor's are going to have a super amazing fall, and I can't wait to share it with all of you!

Here is one last pic of the three silly guys in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment