Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Autumn-azing Memories

I love fall. It is definitely my favorite season. There is something about the smell in the air as the days slowly get colder that I can't get enough of. It is amazing to be able to turn off the ac, open the windows, and let that sweet smell in whilst enjoying the sound of the breeze rustling the leaves that will soon be decorating the ground. I also love the nostalgic feeling I get every year as the holidays approach. Wonderful memories come rushing back when I step outside and feel that chill in the air, and I find myself enjoying Autumn even more now that I can make new memories with my sweet boys. Like I said, I LOVE fall!

This fall is still young (not many open window days, yet,) but already I have made some wonderful memories with Owen and Caden. They are both in such wonderful stages right now. Owen is so inquisitive. I am amazed, everyday, at how much he is learning and how quickly he can recall the smallest details. He is becoming such a bright little boy, but he has a silly side, too. Currently, dog poop is just about the funniest thing ever! Caden is so positive and playful! His little giggle can cure my foulest mood, and his sweet kisses melt my heart. I love his love of the outdoors, and I am amazed at his budding athletic abilities. Anyways, they are pretty special! Now, on to the memories.

I mentioned in my last post that we went to the pumpkin patch to pick out some little pumpkins.

Here is Owen with his,

and Caden with his.

Once we had the pumpkins home I handed each boy a carving knife and said, "Go to town!" I'm kidding, of course! We did the predictable little kid pumpkin activity, pumpkin painting. Since the weather is still warm, I stripped the boys down to their diaper/undies, and we did our pumpkin painting in the yard.


Caden ended up with more paint on himself than on his pumpkin, as I expected. This kid is the MESSIEST eater in the world. I knew what kind of mess I was in for when I handed him a brush and some paint. Especially without the restrictions of a highchair!

Here he is giving the paint a taste.

Owen was painting with a brush in each hand.
I still don't know which hand is dominant! He may truly be ambidextrous.

The finished pumpkins.

As I mentioned before, we haven't had much cool weather yet. So, to get the boys cleaned off I turned on the sprinklers and filled up the water table. I got to sit on the backyard swing and just watch them play. I don't think a smile left my face.






Lately I have become addicted to pinterest. I am obsessed! I have found so many great ideas, recipes, crafts, quotes, etc. I have really enjoyed trying out all the great things I have discovered on there. One of my boards is dedicated to preschool ideas, and I have pinned some great fall crafts. The boys have really enjoyed the ones we've tried, and I can't wait to try some more.

This fall tree that Owen made was inspired by many different ideas on pinterest. 


I started by cutting a tree shape out of scrapbook paper and gluing it to a 12x12 piece.


Then I put some red, orange, yellow, and brown paint on a paper plate, handed Owen some q-tips, and let the little artist create.


I love this tree! I am going to frame it. I look forward to it gracing our walls for many falls to come.


We also made spirit jugs like the ones seen here, and footprint ghosts like these. Like I said, I am obsessed with pinterest! I will probably never have an original idea again. Not when there are so many great ideas available for me to just steal, I mean pin.

So, as you can see, our fall is off to a great start! I have more fall-bulous things to share, but I am having picasa issues. You will just have to be looking forward to more pumpkin patch photos, some firetruck fun, and Halloween costumes!!!! 

Thanks for reading,









No comments:

Post a Comment