Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Go away! I just want to pee alone!

Becoming a "mommy" has definitely been one of the greatest joys of my life, but there are definitely days when I can't stand that word! "Mommy, mommmmy, mooommmmy!" Sometimes I just want a break or a quiet room to hide out in for a few minutes. Yeah right! I can't escape the constant "needs" of my two sweet angels long enough to use the bathroom in peace, much less take a real break! It's as if they have some sort of potty radar. Even if I get them engrossed in an activity and try and sneak away to "do my business" privately, they somehow know! This is the moment Owen decides he "needs" some water, a snack, a missing toy, you name it, and so the "mommys" begin. Sadly Owen is not the only one demanding my attention at these inopportune moments anymore. Now that Caden is super mobile he not only wants to be in the bathroom with me, he tries to climb into my lap while I'm sitting on the throne! It's not as though this is a long process and they miss me. It can't take more than a minute, or two if I really take my time washing my hands, for me to get back to them, but they aren't having it! So, I spend my bathroom "breaks," ha,  telling Owen where he left whatever it is this time, or to hold on a second, blocking Caden with my foot so he doesn't touch the toilet, and trying to get out of there as fast as possible! I long for the day when I can, again, be guaranteed privacy in a bathroom with a toilet not covered in little boy pee (that's a discussion for another day), but until then I will hope for speedy potty breaks while simultaneously hoping everything else slows down. After all, sooner than I want they will not "need" me so much, and the "mommys" will decrease until they are replaced with a more mature "mom." I know I will miss my mommy title when that day comes so for now I'll TRY and enjoy all the "mommys" as they come.

1 comment:

  1. And don't you love that all us moms out there know how you feel! Matt laughs at me when I am just drinking my morning coffee at 5pm... it usually gets reheated at least 3 times in a day, gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete